Click on a section below to expand the collection of resources to help you work and teach in the classroom, hybrid, and online.
- DE Course Examples - A gallery of videos where Leeward CC DE instructors highlight the design features of their DE courses.
- DE Resources - A collection of best practices, designing online courses, technology for DE, assessment in online courses, and more from UH Manoa General Education.
Google @ UH Apps is the University of Hawaii's Google for Education suite of Google apps, giving our @hawaii.edu email addresses/accounts access to Google's Core Apps such as Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites. Visit Google @ UH at http://hawaii.edu/google.
For accessing your Google @ UH Gmail, bookmark https://mail.google.com/a/hawaii.edu. Alternatively, if you go to Gmail (https://gmail.com), at the login screen, type your entire @hawaii.edu email address (and no password) to be re-directed to the UH login screen where you'll then enter just your UH username and password.
- Help Center
- Google @ UH Gmail FAQs
- Enable Google @ UH Consumer Apps for more Google apps such as Blogger, YouTube, and more.
- How to re-use a Google Form but have the responses go into a new sheet of the existing response sheet
- How to sync your Google @ UH account to your mobile device
- How to create a class calendar using Google Calendar and embed it in Laulima
- How to import your student roster from MyUH into Gmail Contacts
Classic Google Sites is ending September 2021.
- Refer to our Google Sites Decision Guide to help you take action
- How to use the new Google Sites
Instructions on how to add the Hawaiian Keyboard to produce Hawaiian diacritics.
Laulima is the University of Hawaii's collaborative learning management system, powered by Sakai. Visit Laulima at https://laulima.hawaii.edu. For specific questions and support, request assistance from Laulima Support.
Before the Semester
- Set up a new Laulima course site
- Add tools
- Arrange tools in order
- Add your course content, materials, and activities using the Laulima tools. Some to start with include:
- Copy content from a previous Laulima course site into a new one
- After importing, you may want to arrange tools in the menu in a particular order.
- After importing, some of your content like announcements, forums, tests/quizzes and assignments will be saved as drafts. Check into each tool to edit, save, and/or publish the items, as necessary.
During the Semester
- Request assistance should you need Laulima technical help. You can find the "Request Assistance" link at the bottom of every Laulima page.
- Add a student or guest to your Laulima course site. Note: If a student added or dropped, do NOT add or remove a student from your Laulima site. Wait for Laulima to sync with UH Banner system. If it's still not updating, request assistance from Laulima Support.
- How to avoid problems with copying/pasting from Word or websites into Laulima's text editor.
- Tip: If students do not submit their assignments and you do not input a score, a dash will be marked by default; however, a dash does NOT count against the student's course grade. Instead, make sure to put zeros for items students didn't submit or receive a score for.
End of the Semester
- How to determine a student's last date of attendance
- Publish grades to UH Banner. (Important: Put zeros in the gradebook for assignments marked with a dash indicating that students did not submit or receive a score.)
- Export Gradebook
- Watch the video tutorial on using Laulima Gradebook Classic for the end-of-semester.
Need more assistance?
Contact Laulima Support for specific questions by clicking on the Request Assistance link at the bottom of any Laulima webpage.
- OER @ Leeward
- OER LibGuide for Leeward - What is OER?, find open textbooks and courses, guides, repositories, collections, how to create and share OER, OER licensing, and more.
- OER @ University of Hawaii