This semester, LRC tutoring is available for these courses. Tutoring is a FREE SERVICE and is offered only for courses you are currently enrolled in at Leeward and are attending on a regular basis.
- You can also call us at (808) 455-0412 or come to the LRC in the Learning Commons and we'll make the appointment for you
Make your appointment at least one day ahead.
- The deadline is 6:00 pm the night before.
How much tutoring you can have:
- You can get one hour per week of individual tutoring for each subject we help you with. We don't place this time limit on group tutoring.
If you can't keep your appointment, please cancel as soon as possible.
- You can cancel online up to two days before the session; to cancel after that, come to the LRC, call us (808) 455-0412, or email.
- If you cancel less than 4 (four) hours before the scheduled time, it counts as a no-show (missed appointment). More about no shows
Prepare for your tutoring appointment.
- Attend the class! Tutoring isn't a substitute for going to class.
- Bring your textbook, class notes, assignment handouts, and study guides.
(We probably don't have a copy of your textbook in the LRC.)
- Before the session, do as much work as you can: read the text and other course materials, attempt homework problems. etc. Note anything that's confusing or difficult.
- Bring your questions! This will help you and your tutor to make the best use of the time.
- Please be on time.
Who are the tutors?
- Friendly fellow students who understand the subject and enjoy helping others!
What tutors do:
- Tutors explain course concepts, coach and guide you in solving problems or practicing skills, and help you review before exams.
- They also offer tips and resources to make studying more productive and less stressful!
What tutors DON'T do:
- Tutors will not reteach sections of the course, do your work for you, make sure you finish your homework, assist with take-home exams, or guarantee/predict your grade.
Tutors may not know the answer to every question, but they will help you to find the answers!
- a student does not attend a tutoring appointment and does not cancel
- a student cancels the appointment less than 4 (four) hours before the scheduled time
- a student comes more than 15 minutes late to the appointment (the tutor may leave 15 minutes after the appointment start time if the student does not show up)