The Educational Media Center recognize instructors' needs vary. Therefore, we offers a variety of workshops to engage and support instructors in professional learning. We provide low-commitment learning via email blasts. We have single workshops which range from 30-minutes to 2 hours long. The most transformative experiences occur in our the multi-session professional learning which are offered in-person, daily over the course of a week or flipped-style meeting once a week over a six week period.
Tech Fun Fridays - Spring 2020
A fun way to learn and grow professionally on Fridays - featuring one hour sessions/workshops focused on using educational technologies to enhance teaching and learning. View schedule.
- Course Mapping [presentation] [course mapping template]
- Laulima Challenge
- Make Your Online Documents Accessible [presentation] [practice document]
- SmartClassroom Challenge
- Syllabus Makeover Challenge (Part 1 - Standard)
- Syllabus Makeover Challenge (Part 2 - Visual)
- Beyond Accessibility Toward Inclusivity: Making Learning Available to as Many as Possible
- Course by Design
- Create and Share OER Renewable Resources
- Design to Humanize
- Go Open, Go Free Using OER