Below are syllabi instructors have shared. (Note: Use at your own discretion.)Note: Google Slides files are best when viewed using Google Chrome for some of the fonts used.
Free Syllabus Template
Looking for a quick start? We have a free syllabus template created in Google Slides that you can use. With Google Slides, it's easy to move textboxes, shapes, and images around (versus a word processor like Word).
- Please use Google Chrome Internet browser to work in Google Slides because there are a lot of cool free fonts you can use.
- Log into your Google@UH account (Gmail or Drive).
- Make a copy of the template.
Visual Syllabus Template
- Rename your file as desired. Now with your own file, you can use the tools in Google Slides to edit to create your syllabus.
- When you're finished simply go to File > Download as > PDF Document (.pdf) to save it as a PDF.
Badge of Achievement
Attended the Syllabus Makeover Challenge (Part 2 - Visual) workshop, made-over your syllabus, implemented, and ready to share and apply for the "Visual Syllabus Creator" badge?
Alternatively, if you just want to share your standard and visual syllabi and a short reflection, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.