Click on a section below to expand the collection of resources to help you work and teach in the classroom, hybrid, and online.
Google @ UH Apps is the University of Hawaii's Google for Education suite of Google apps, giving our @hawaii.edu email addresses/accounts access to Google's Core Apps such as Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites. Visit Google @ UH at http://hawaii.edu/google.
For accessing your Google @ UH Gmail, bookmark http://gmail.hawaii.edu. Alternatively, if you go to Gmail (https://gmail.com), at the login screen, type your entire @hawaii.edu email address (and no password) to be re-directed to the UH login screen where you'll then enter just your UH username and password.
- Help Center
- Google @ UH Gmail FAQs
- Enable Google @ UH Consumer Apps for more Google apps such as Blogger, YouTube, and more.
- How to re-use a Google Form but have the responses go into a new sheet of the existing response sheet
- How to sync your Google @ UH account to your mobile device
- How to create a class calendar using Google Calendar and embed it in Laulima
- How to import your student roster from MyUH into Gmail Contacts
Laulima is the University of Hawaii's collaborative learning management system, powered by Sakai. Visit Laulima at https://laulima.hawaii.edu. For specific questions and support, request assistance from Laulima Support.
Before the Semester
- Set up a new Laulima course site
- Copy content from a previous Laulima course site into a new one
- Identify tools. Before you can copy content from another Laulima site, you need to find out what tools are in that site so you can add those same tools to your current Laulima site. Go to the Laulima site you are looking to copy from and write down the tools you have in there. (Note: Don’t worry about the Web Content items.)
- Add tools
- Arrange tools in order
- Import content
- Re-publish content. After importing, your content will be saved as drafts. You'll need to go into each item for each tool to edit and then save/publish the items.
During the Semester
- Request assistance should you need Laulima technical help. You can find the "Request Assistance" link at the bottom of every Laulima page.
- Add a student or guest to your Laulima course site. Note: If a student added or dropped, do NOT add or remove a student from your Laulima site. Wait for Laulima to sync with UH Banner system. If it's still not updating, request assistance from Laulima Support.
- How to avoid problems with copying/pasting from Word or websites into Laulima's text editor.
- Tip: If students do not submit their assignments and you do not input a score, a dash will be marked by default; however, a dash does NOT count against the student's course grade. Instead, make sure to put zeros for items students didn't submit or receive a score for.
End of the Semester
- How to determine a student's last date of attendance
- Publish grades to UH Banner. (Important: Put zeros in the gradebook for assignments marked with a dash indicating that students did not submit or receive a score.)
- Export Gradebook
- Watch the video tutorial on using Laulima Gradebook Classic for the end-of-semester.
Need more assistance?
Contact Laulima Support for specific questions by clicking on the Request Assistance link at the bottom of any Laulima webpage.