The following information and resources is for Distance Education (DE) instructors. (Looking for information and resources for DE students? Visit Leeward's website for DE students.)
- Baseline Recommended Actions for Distance-Delivered Instruction - A baseline list of recommended actions (including tips and examples) to enact as a contingency for distance-delivered (remote) instruction.
- DE Guidelines - Standards for designing a DE course at Leeward CC.
- DE Guidelines Self-Assessment - A way to self-reflect and improve your course design based on the DE Guidelines.
- DE Peer Evaluation - Based on the DE Guidelines, the peer evaluation will assist your colleagues in evaluating your DE course delivery and may be used in performance dossiers.
- DE Liaisons - Colleagues from each division who will help you teach online, connect with campus resources and colleagues, and build relationships amongst those who regularly teach online. Request assistance from a DE Liaison.
- Professional Development - EMC's workshops, events, and resources to support your professional development using technology and teaching online.
- Interested in teaching online? Contact an Educational Technologist at the EMC.
Excellence in Online Teaching Award
Tools and Resources
- Laulima Tips - Laulima is the University of Hawaii's online learning and collaboration system.
- Zoom - Video web conferencing.
- Course Evaluation System (CES) - 16 recommended questions for DE courses. More about CES...
- DE Resources - A collection of best practices, designing online courses, technology for DE, assessment in online courses, and more from UH Manoa General Education.
- Google Meet and Zoom Instructions for Virtual Office
- More resources from the EMC...
DE Policies and Procedures
- DE Policies and Procedures - UH policies and procedures, federal regulations, etc.