Starting Fall 2018, the University of Hawai'i System will implement a new Course Evaluation System (CES) to replace the existing eCafe Evaluation System.
During the AY 2017-18, an ad-hoc committee of the Leeward CC Faculty Senate completed work resulting in this year-end report summarizing their accomplishments.
In December 2017, the Leeward CC Faculty Senate sent the results of the CES voting results via this blog post. All surveys will have one mandatory question (How would you rate the overall quality of this course?). It is important to note that CES results will not be shared directly with administrators.
- VCAA Della Teraoka email (Aug 27, 2018)
- CES Implementation Update
- President David Lassner memo (March 18, 2018)
- Campus Flyer (October 1, 2018)
- Open Forum (October 15, 2018)
- Video Recording [slides] (October 15, 2018)
- Mar 4 - Apr 11, 2019 - Instructors setup their questions
- Apr 15 - May 2, 2019 - Students take evaluation
- May 15, 2019 - Results released
- Jun 1, 2019 - Results published
Fall 2018 Timeline (Reference)
- October 1, 2018 - CES is available for Campus Coordinators
- October 15, 2018 12 - 1 pm Hae Okimoto conduct Open Forum at Leeward CC
- October 29, 2018 to November 15, 2018- Instructors setup their questions ; Schedule a group session or Sign-up for 1-1 CES Session
- November 19, 2018 to December 6, 2018 - Students take evaluation
- December 20, 2018 - Results released
- January 1, 2019 - Results published
View the Instructor Guide
#1. CES will be used for ALL courses. CES will automatically be turned on for the surveys.
#2. Each student will only receive one survey per course even when there are multiple instructors. One course - one survey.
#3. The instructor no longer OWNS the results of the surveys. All data resides in a University of Hawaii server. Each organization (Campus/College/Division/Department/Subject) are able to determine if survey results shall be shared with the Division chair.
#4. Each campus will determine its campus-level questions. Each campus will determine if the division chair will see results for all faculty within the unit.
#5. The large pool of questions available in eCAFE have been retired. Each instrutor will be able to mantain his/her own list of questions.
#6. CES is mobile friendly so students can complete the evaluation on their own devices which is expected to increase student response rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Maggie Kaleleiki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I have access to my old eCafe evaluations?
Yes, eCafe will be archived so faculty will have access to previous results. Faculty may copy/paste questions from eCafe evaluations into CES.
Questions for Your Evaluation
Link to all eCafe Questions (you may copy and paste to your individual evaluations)
Past Questions Used by Division
Professional Arts & Technology (updated)
Distance Educational Questions
Arts & Humanities - Michael Oishi
Note: Short URL: http://go.hawaii.edu/JIf