For the most up-to-date information, go to the University of Hawai'i CES site.
In Fall 2018, the University of Hawai'i System implemented an online Course Evaluation System (CES) for all courses. It replaced the eCafe Evaluation System used for online courses.
During the AY 2017-18, an ad-hoc committee of the Leeward CC Faculty Senate completed work resulting in this year-end report summarizing their accomplishments.
In December 2017, the Leeward CC Faculty Senate sent the CES voting results via this blog post. All surveys will have one mandatory question (How would you rate the overall quality of this course?). It is important to note that CES results will not be shared directly with administrators. Divisions held separate votes on whether or not to allow Division Chair to see the results. Results (Jan 2018) were as follows:
- Divisions allowing Division Chair to see all the survey results - Social Sciences and Student Services
- Divisions not allowing Division Chair to see the survey results - Arts & Humanities, Business, Language Arts, Math & Science, Professional Arts & Tech
- VCAA Della Teraoka announcement of CES (Aug 27, 2018)
- CES Implementation Update
- President David Lassner memo (March 18, 2016)
- Campus Flyer (October 1, 2018)
- Open Forum (October 15, 2018)
- Video Recording [slides] (October 15, 2018)
Fall 2019 Timeline
- Oct 28 - Nov 21, 2019 - Instructors setup their questions
- Nov 25 - Dec 12, 2019 - Students take evaluation
- Dec 19, 2019 - Results released
- Jan 1, 2020 - Results published
Spring 2019 Timeline (Reference)
- Mar 4 - Apr 11, 2019 - Instructors setup their questions
- Apr 15 - May 2, 2019 - Students take evaluation
- May 15, 2019 - Results released
- Jun 1, 2019 - Results published
View the Instructor Guide
#1. CES will be used for ALL courses. CES will automatically be turned on for the surveys.
#2. Each student will only receive one survey per course even when there are multiple instructors. One course - one survey.
#3. The instructor no longer OWNS the results of the surveys. All data resides in a University of Hawaii server. Each organization (Campus/College/Division/Department/Subject) are able to determine if survey results shall be shared with the Division chair.
#4. Each campus will determine its campus-level questions. Each campus will determine if the division chair will see results for all faculty within the unit.
#5. The large pool of questions available in eCAFE have been retired. Each instrutor will be able to mantain his/her own list of questions.
#6. CES is mobile friendly so students can complete the evaluation on their own devices which is expected to increase student response rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Maggie Kaleleiki at email@example.com.
Questions from Paper Course Evaluations (by Division)
Professional Arts & Technology (updated)
Distance Educational Questions
Arts & Humanities - Michael Oishi
Note: Short URL: http://go.hawaii.edu/JIf